If you have NEVER logged into the network on campus or Blackboard, you will need to do this to establish a password.
1. Go to https://password.mstc.edu
2. Your domain username will be your 8 digit student id.
3. Click “Go”
4. Your domain password will be the first two initials of your first name (first initial capitalized), the first two initials of your last name (first initial capitalized), last four of your social security numbers. For example, John Smith might be JoSm4567.
5. Click “Continue”
6. On the next screen, click “Continue” to begin the Enrollment Wizard.
7. Pick a security picture you will remember. (You are now setting up your password reset account)
8. Type your Security Word (which is basically a password) twice – it must be at least 6 characters. (This is still the password reset account)
9. Click “Finish”
10. Enter your current domain password which is your 8 digit student id number.
11. Click “Go”
12. Enter your NEW domain password. (This will be your new Blackboard and network password) Your password must be at least 6 characters long and contain at least 1 capital letter and one number or non-letter character. Also, your password cannot contain any part of your user name or last five passwords.
13. Click “Go”
14. Click “Log Off/Exit”
15. Close the Internet Browser window.
16. Re open a new Internet and go to Blackboard, http://mstc.blackboard.com/
17. Your username is your 8 digit student ID.
18. Your password is the last password you created in step #12 above which required 6 characters, at least 1 capital, and one number or non-letter character.
If you are not able to log in during regular business hours, contact Stephanie Knuth at 715.342.3129 or Lea Ann Turner at 715.422.5480. After business hours, contact the MSTC Help Desk by calling (Off campus) 877.469.6782 or (On campus) Ext. 5555.
New Online Student Website http://www.mstc.edu/blackboard
You may enroll yourself in the Blackboard Orientation.
- Login to Blackboard
- Click on the Courses tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the Blackboard Orientation Course
- Mouse over the course ID and drop down on the menu
- Click Enroll and follow the instructions
If you are new to Blackboard:
Please visit http://www.mstc.edu/blackboard to get the login information.
If you are a previous Blackboard user:
Please remember that passwords reset every 180 days. You can reset your password by going to https://password.mstc.edu. If you need asssistance changing your password, please contact the Help Desk by calling 877.469.6782.
When you receive a security warning that says "Do You want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?", Select No.
All classes are now on Blackboard, including independent study, accelerated, and face to face courses. If your course is not an online course and your instructor chooses to use Blackboard, he/she will notify you.